German Wehrmacht soldiers of 130th Panzer Lehr Division study a map of the region surrounding village of Tilly-sur-Seulles during the Battle of Normandy shortly following the Allied landings in France. By the end of June 1944 the division’s armored component was severely depleted. Despite this, it continued to hold against the British and Commonwealth forces, engaging in heavy fighting near the town. Tilly-sur-Seulles, Calvados, Lower Normandy, France. 9 June 1944.